Under direction, to perform work involving program management and development of services that treat patients with complex wounds, fistuals, pressure ulcers, ostomies and incontinence.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Participates on hospital-wide committee's and quality improvement teams to promote quality skin and wound care that reflects evidence-based practices.
- Contributes to patient assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluating a skin care regime to prevent or improve patient outcomes, including recommendations for pressure reduction devices and treatment options.
- Provides leadership and direction for interdisciplinary skin care teams for the prevention and treatment of decubitis ulcers.
skin care teams for the prevention and treatment of decubitis ulcers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have certification from Enterostomal Program.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to use logical problem solving skills based on the nursing process and hospital policies and procedures.
- Requires effective judgment and/or action during emergency situations.
- Demonstrates diplomacy interacting with staff, clients, and the public.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting unanticipated demands and priorities.
- Associates Nursing Required
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
2 years Nursing Required
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Advance Cardiac Life
Would you like to apply to this job?