|NURSE EXTERN IV|
|12 HOUR SHIFT/DAYS|
Responsible for developing clinical skills and problem solving techniques based on current established Standards of Care, the Nurse Practice Act and Methodist Hospital policies and procedures. This is accomplished under direct supervision of the designated preceptor as evidenced by preceptor co-signature of all actions. The Nurse Extern IV demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient population served on a designated nursing unit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assists in the performance of therapeutic procedures.
- Observes and performs nursing care under the supervision of the nurse preceptor.
- Implements the patient's plan of care with all health care disciplines.
- Assesses, evaluates, interprets and documents the patient's physical and mental status under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Provides pertinent healthcare education to patients and patient's family.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess good interpersonal.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to use logical problem solving skills based on the nursing process and hospital policies and procedures.
- Requires to work flexible shifts as required and effective judgment and/or action during emergency situations.
- Demonstrates diplomacy interacting with staff, clients and the public.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting unanticipated demands and priorities.
- Associates Nursing Required
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
Certified Cardiac Pulm Resuscitation
Would you like to apply to this job?