|CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST|
The Clinical Nurse Specialist is a clinical expert in evidence-based nursing practice within a speciality area demonstrating a high degree of professional competence. This position acts as a clinical practitioner, educator, researcher, consultant and leader in his/her speciality area. In collaboration with nursing management, works to establish a philosophy of care, developing models and standards to ensure competent, evidence-based practice based on patient needs and available resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Collaborates with managers and directors on developing an annual education plan.
- Evaluates patient outcomes through data collection, research and continuous quality improvement methods to effect change and improve the quality of care. Identifies needed areas of improvement and acts as change agent to problem-solve and identify solutions.
- Functions as a member of an integrated professional healthcare team in coordinating an accurate assessment of patient needs, guiding the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies staff and patient educational needs, develops and implements the necessary educational programs, evaluates their effectiveness through monitoring performance and patient care outcomes.
- Participates in or coordinates committee activities as necessary and appropriate.
- Participates in the development, review and update of patient care policies, procedures and protocols as needed on a timely basis.-
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provides a high degree of professional competence and demonstrates a high level of autonomy in a specialized field of nursing.
- Specialization in nursing practice includes in-depth graduate study of relevant theories and scientific knowledge related to a select patient population, which promotes ability to analyze and refine nursing practice and to generate clinical practice knowledge.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills and good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible shifts as required.
- Ability to use logical problem-solving skills based on the nursing process and hospital policies and procedures.
- Requires effective judgment and/or action during emergency situations.
- Demonstrates diplomacy interacting with staff, clients and the public.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting unanticipated demands and priorities.
- Certification in Advance Cardiac Life preferred
Masters Nursing Required
5 years relevant work experience in the field or in a related area
Licensed Registered Nurse
Would you like to apply to this job?